MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Flu (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Grant wrote:
I had three vaccine shots because I wanted to holiday abroad.

Then, for the first time last year, I caught Covid. Everyone I know has had several jabs and also has caught Covid, sometimes several times.

What’s the point in a vaccination which doesn’t stop you catching the disease?

Oh dear.

Sorry I didn't tell you months ago. The latest career-limiting information in medical circles is that the more jabs and booster you have, the more likely you are to get Covid, and it takes longer to get rid of it.

Cleveland study conducted to demonstrate the clinical effectiveness of the bivalent vaccines accidentally finds that the risk of Covid-19 infection increases with each prior vaccination

How so?

The association of increased risk of COVID-19 with higher numbers of prior vaccine doses in our study, was unexpected. A simplistic explanation might be that those who received more doses were more likely to be individuals at higher risk of COVID-19. A small proportion of individuals may have fit this description. However, the majority of subjects in this study were generally young individuals and all were eligible to have received at least 3 doses of vaccine by the study start date, and which they had every opportunity to do. … This is not the only study to find a possible association with more prior vaccine doses and higher risk of COVID-19.

https://www.eugyppius.com/p/cleveland-study-conducted-to-demonstrate

Sorry, I've forgotten how to set the size of images.

I'm pretty sure we had this kind of conversation 10 years ago over Tamiflu. Same back then, it didn't stop you getting the flu then either.

Recommended viewing

Neil Oliver Interviews Dr. John Campbell ~
John Campbell describes his journey from trusting the official narrative to his current views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM6TSWzw66U
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Not that it helps us...

Covid booster doses will no longer be available to healthy people under 50 from next month, the Government has said. The reason given by the JCVI, the Government’s vaccine advisory body, is because “the transition continues away from a pandemic emergency response towards pandemic recovery”.

Shifting the policy goal posts is a good way of deflecting attention from a signiifcant change in the medical advice.

The British government had data in October showing nearly identical rates of Covid hospitalizations in vaccinated and unvaccinated people during the summer 2022 Omicron wave. In some age and risk groups, vaccinated people had higher rates of hospitalization than the unjabbed. For example, healthy 40 to 49-year-olds were more likely to be hospitalized with severe Covid if they had received one or two jabs than none.

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/british-government-data-reveal-very

Lest we forget: the lockdown was never on medical advice, it was from the Nudge Unit, psychologists and "social scientists" eager to control people's behaviour.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

The FBI coming out in favour of the 'It escaped from a Wuhan lab' theory means it is time for some re-assessment. First, my own. When I heard, my first thought was, "What took them so long?" My second thought was, "How long did it take me?" I suppose I could wend my way back through the posts in this thread and find out but I won't in case my own record is bad.

However I feel entitled to comment on the 'scientists sign letter denouncing lab theory as a conspiracy theory' at the time. This can now be seen as a straight political move since it was right after (President) Donald Trump coming out in favour of the ... er... conspiracy theory. And it was a conspiracy theory at the time, though as AE is always pointing out 'conspiracy-theorists are people too'.

Of course the matter is by no means settled -- the FBI itself place their theory as being quite low-order in terms of evidence -- but the real question is whether the world accepts it as best-case. If so, the Chinese government (who must know the truth) ought to be getting a good deal of stick from now on. Though all the signs point to it being a case of 'better not bell the cat on this one'.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Victim Culture Strikes Again

Why is Boris Johnson apologising for saying that Long Covid was bollocks? It was a perfectly proper thing to say at the time -- and a great many more qualified people than him were saying it. Now I've no idea whether Long Covid does or does not exist. It is true that Covid sufferers have experienced long-term and unpleasant symptoms since contracting the disease but -- as far as I know -- whether this is directly linked to Covid itself has not been established.

But that's not the point. Johnson was entitled to his opinion at the time. If people are going to have to abase themselves every time this or that reasonable assumption turns out to be a wrong assumption, nobody is going to do anything at all.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Day Two and Boris is pressed on remarks like "let the virus rip", "they have had a good innings" and "most people who die have reached their time anyway". Since this was when he had been informed that the average age of Covid fatalities was eighty-four, he had a point. But of course nobody in public life is supposed to air such sentiments and Johnson was suitably contrite and apologetic. There was no reason for this. All publicly provided health services are built on the principle.

I will give you a small illustration of how it works from my own experience. My mother, in her nineties, collapsed and was rushed to (the extremely well-appointed) Dorchester General where, as it happens, several of her relatives worked. We were told via the family grapevine that the necessary complex heart operations are never performed on anybody over sixty. Officially because they were considered too frail to survive the rigours of the operation, but actually because 'it was uneconomic'. Mum was put on a 'care only' ward and nature would dictate whether she came out. As she had previously signed a 'non-resuscitation' card, this was in any case unlikely.

Accordingly dozens of us made a beeline for Dorchester General and took up noisy residence in our normal jackdaws-in-a-tree fashion. Suddenly a consultant wandered along to us and announced Daphne would be operated on after all. Which she was successfully and lived another good few years. I don't believe she should have been but who am I to make a fuss?
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73

Jump to:  
Page 73 of 73

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in