MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Meetings with Remarkable Forgeries (British History)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Mick Harper wrote:
If we apply my own working hypothesis that Christianity is a Norman-era invention for the purpose of confronting Islam, what does that produce?

I've been guessing that Mohammed is based on Martin Luther.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Surely you mean Martin Luther King.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Constantine and Helens's megalithic, or not, origins are dicussed on 78ff of Megalithic Empire.

I could speculate a bit further than Harper & Hats

Con is suppossed to be "together". Compass is therefore "together" "pace"

So Constantine is "together" "stone" "pertaining to". His giant statue/obelisk at Constantinople might be worth a megalithic thought.

Helen is "Moon"

The footnotes to ME say Constantine was baptised by Pope Sylvester I and talks about silva = wood. Syl looks like Sol to me. So Constantine (the sun god) was vested. ie clothed, in sun by Sylvester to me, but heyho could be a few inferences too far. I agree they, mother and son, "are on the cusp" as ME says. That is why it's a critical moment.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Wile E. Coyote wrote:
His giant statue/obelisk at Constantinople might be worth a megalithic thought.

Constant(ine) is supposed to mean steadfast, standing resolute or faithful [con-stand], so a standing stone seems to fit the bill.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

As long as this is understood as being homonymically coincident and no more than that, I'll offer the following speculations

Constantine has very strong British connections ie his father, the emperor Constantius, died in York, and he himself was proclaimed emperor there. On the other hand Britain seems not to figure in his CV much thereafter so what the 'mythic' connection is will be down to his mother. You might consult the Evelyn Waugh novel Helena for ideas since though a dutiful Catholic panegyric (Waugh was trying to get an annulment at the time) he would have done his research. I have read it but only in my pre-Megalithic days so nothing stuck.

The reputedly base-born Helen is claimed by the British to be royal-born, the daughter of Old King Cole. But only by the British and presumably opportunely -- she must have lived here for a good while. The name itself is quite big in British Megalithia eg the north-south Via Elen in Wales and other bits and bobs. Sil on the other hand is east-west because of Sul (Bath) and Sil (Silchester).

I didn't realise that Sylvester the First could be considered the first real Pope, if he baptised the first Christian emperor. Our attention has always been on Sylvester the Second who now (I realise) could be the first real Pope! But that's as far down the rabbit hole I'm prepared to go. Unlike Sylvester II, the world's first archaeologist.
Wile E. Coyote

Helena (Moon) Augusta is the mother of Constantine (The Sun God)

Just as the lunar calendar gives birth to the solar aspects of the calendar. The 10 months(moonths) needed to get an additional 2 summer months. These months came to be known as July and August. Of course named after the famous emperors.

Both these emperors were the results of special births. Julius was by Caesarian section (modern history finds the need to debunk this), Augustus's mother was Atia. Here is the Wiki account of Augustus' conception

When Atia had come in the middle of the night to the solemn service of Apollo, she had her litter set down in the temple and fell asleep, while the rest of the matrons also slept. On a sudden a serpent glided up to her and shortly went away. When she awoke, she purified herself, as if after the embraces of her husband, and at once there appeared on her body a mark in colours like a serpent, and she could never get rid of it; so that presently she ceased ever to go to the public baths. In the tenth month after that Augustus was born and was therefore regarded as the son of Apollo. Atia too, before she gave him birth, dreamed that her vitals were borne up to the stars and spread over the whole extent of land and sea, while Octavius dreamed that the sun rose from Atia's womb. (Suetonius:94:4)[5]

The summer months have special historical births (as does that of Jesus).
Wile E. Coyote

More speculation.

Constantine= Birth of Constant Time
Wile E. Coyote

There are no Christian temples within Rome for the 300 years after the death of Jesus. Helena Augusta when she undertook her Christian building programme (some credit this to the sun worshipping Constantine) built basilicas in the style of the first century.

Up to Helena's programme basilicas were civic assembly buildings, not religious buildings. The question is why build Christian buidings in the style of civic buildings some 200 years older? The ortho explanation of why they didn’t choose the classical temple form is something like "pagan" temples are designed to contain a large cult statue of a deitiy whilst worship and sacrifice would took place outside, whereas the basilica, designed specifically for large numbers of people to gather indoors was more appropriate for Chritianity.

As far as the Christian church, the logic goes, it is a case of meeting in small private homes, then come Basilicas, in the style of Roman civic buildings, then smaller churches modeled on Basilicas.

It is an architectural case of cities first
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51

Jump to:  
Page 51 of 51

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in