MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Questions Of The Day (Politics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 227, 228, 229 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

You're absolutely right, they've just released the transcript (Liz Truss is the ministerial head of GCHQ)

Sunak: Is Javed there?
Javed: Speaking
Sunak: Can you resign at six, then I'll put in my papers at twenty past.
Javed: Why?
Sunak: Well, you're the sacrificial pacemaker.
Javed: And you are...?
Sunak: The classy opportunist who's gonna sprint through the gap.
Javed: What's in it for me? I've already been Chancellor.
Sunak: You think I'm going to have someone as disloyal as you in my government? My wife will be round with your brown envelope.
Javed: Six o'clock, you said.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

If you are a Tory, it's incredibly bad form to openly stab your leader even if everyone, other than Carrie and Nadine Dorris, is secretly hoping that you do. So by wielding the knife Javid has openly ruled himself out as a future contender.
Grant

So what do Sunak and Javid have in common?

They were both bankers, Javid with Deutsche Band and Sunak with the vampire squid, Goldman Sachs.
I wonder what Johnson is refusing to do for the money men?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

What about all that Downing Street refurbishment? The taxpayer wants to see value for money so he should be allowed to stay for a bit. I'm no expert but certainly until a bit of fair wear and tear or a change of fashion. That bloke off the telly could say. Mind you, that's more taxpayer's money. They don't get out of bed for less than a four figure per diem.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

What I want to know is what has Penny Mordant ever done to justify being Ladbroke's favourite to succeed YKW. I'll be voting for her myself but that is entirely out of caprice, she doesn't actually seem to have done anything. Which is why she has my full support. The watchword for government over the next few years: minimalism.

PS According to Grant, YKW's sacking of Gove is to give Gove credibility as a candidate in the leadership race. In exchange Gove has agreed not to prosecute YKW. Personally I think Grant makes these things up but I pass it on for what it's worth. Or it may have been Wiley.
Wile E. Coyote

It's a right mess. David Duguid MP, The Trade Envoy For Angola and Zimbabwe, has quit. Don't know what Boris has done to upset him. Probably he was against BJ organising a coup d'etat, to install a puppet government supportive to the UK. There are a lot of principled folks submitting resignation letters from jobs I didn't know actually existed. It's a great loss to the country.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Aren't most of our governments, puppet or otherwise, supportive of the UK? I am confused.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Penny Mordant and Suella Braverman may be a dream ticket but not for Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister.
Wile E. Coyote

'transmen are men and transwomen are women'.

I can't see that Penny Mordant, who is both a social and economic liberal, has a hope in the leadership race.

Suella Braverman is different, more traditionally conservative on social issues, still no hope of being leader though.

Ben Wallace. No, reminds folks of Ian Duncan Smith.

Michael Gove would be a good bet if the members wanted an able politician who could actually deliver change. But he has alienated his parliamentary colleagues. Won't run.

Nadaim Zahawi. I can't see the members voting for either a man or a woman with a beard.

Jeremy Hunt. Despite being loved by media. Might as well be Jeremy Corbyn as far as most members concerned.

Rishi Sunak. Rishi will probably win as he is both fiscally and socially conservative in these wokey inflationary times.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I think you will find, when the chips are down, it will be 'anyone but Rishi'. The final electorate is the Tory broad acres and while they will vote for a 'house darkie' like Satchmo or Sue-Ellen or Zeinab, they know full well that Sunak is nothing of the kind. However since it is time to put up or shut up, I am predicting it will be Ben Wallace.

No incipient racism has been found in this post.
Grant

Sunak is out. No-one likes a thin man in a sharp suit who marries a billionaire’s daughter
Mick Harper
Site Admin

The billionaire's daughter wasn't too pleased either. But as her father said, "It's entirely your choice. You can be a billionaire's daughter or not a billionaire's daughter."
Mick Harper
Site Admin

My prediction that Ben Wallace wouldn't run has turned out to be spot on.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

However, now he isn't, I want to point out some facts.

1. 83% of the British electorate are white males of Anglo-Saxon heritage.
2. 0% of the candidates seeking the nomination to the main governing party of Britain are white males of Anglo-Saxon heritage.
3. Except for Jeremy Hunt who is so crap he has obviously been put in there as a sop to us and has no chance of winning.

No taxation without representation!
Wile E. Coyote

Agreed. There is no "old money", "one nation", authentic, boring safe pair of hands who can step in.

I blame Thatcher for this shameful lack of diversity, if she hadn't killed off the boring old coves who were not in it for the money as they already had an inherited a castle with a helipad, we wouldn't be in this massive dung heap.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 227, 228, 229 ... 299, 300, 301  Next

Jump to:  
Page 228 of 301

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in