MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How the Ancients measured the Earth (Megalithic)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N R Scott

In: Middlesbrough

LOL :)

Actually, I think I need somebody else to write that book so I can read it. I've been trying to write a book about the history of red hair since before Christmas. The problem is I want to include all the wacky speculation I have about red hair, but every time I include stuff like that I feel I have to explain myself and state that I'm not really %100 about it, and that it's all a bit of a guess. That then breaks up the flow of the text, bogs everything down and makes it all a bit boring.

I basically want to have my cake and eat it. I'm sure there's a way to do that though.

I've actually been quite inspired by your maps on the Megalithic site. Especially that 'Russian blob' of red hair.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

I've been trying to write a book about the history of red hair since before Christmas.

Why not post it up on here and see what sort of reaction you get?

I'd certainly be interested in reading it (even though it's not an abnormality I personally suffer from).
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

There are certain rules about this (entirely to benefit the author, I might add). I agree with Chad. Scottie, think about it and get in touch if you make the right decision.
N R Scott

In: Middlesbrough

Thanks for the offer, but it would probably be a bit boring for you guys. There isn't much in the way of original stuff in there. It's mainly a vanity project for redheads really ..this famous brilliant person had red hair, that famous person had red hair. That sort of thing. I may start a thread on here for some of the more interesting things though if that's okay. Just in case anyone can add anything or help me out.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Please let us know if you find anything on the 'Russian blob' of red hair. It's an unexplained anomaly.
rexleroy

In: Alabama

DPCrisp wrote:
Light the beacon the instant you see the Sun from the Norfolk coast. Supposing it takes 30 seconds for each beacon to be seen by the next, the "Sunrise in Norfolk" message will arrive at St. Michael's Mount in 8 minutes.

Better to extinguish your bonfire as the timing signal. With bonfires already lit and visible in the pre-dawn dark, each relay station attendant knows exactly where to look. That should reduce the lag to very little more than the time it takes to put out a large, but controlled, fire. Or raise a tarpaulin, I suppose.

This also provides some assurance in advance that everyone along the line is ready to go.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Has anyone worked out how many beacons would be required to work flawlessly? That is why we all speak Spanish when they tried the idea in 1588.

"Beacon, ma'am."
"Ask them what is it this time."
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Jump to:  
Page 19 of 19

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in