MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Matters Arising (The History of Britain Revealed)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 234, 235, 236
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

I assume this is Romanian. If so it's both less and more Romance than I had thought.

An Unreliable History of the Second World War, Paperback/M. J. Harper: Cod produs: 9780954291136. Adauga la favorite. Adauga produsul la lista de favorite pentru a-l putea urmari cu usurinta. Alerta pret. In cazul in care vrei sa primesti mail cand pretul scade la o anumita valoare. Descriere: In thirty-five separate but themed and chronological chapters the author exposes the failings (and ...
https://www.istoric-preturi.info/pd/23724961/9780954291136/an-unreliable-history-of-the-second-world-war-paperback-m-j-harper -
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Here's a real first. I was sent this by academia.edu

Museums and the Origins of Nations
Sheila Watson University of Leicester

but it wasn't anything to do with my books that feature museums, but one that didn't, THOBR. I got treated as someone ordinary!

...a degree of interaction between Saxons and Roman Britons not usually acknowledged in traditional stories of Saxon migrations. Pryor’s thesis that an indigenous culture flourished before, during and after the Roman period (Pryor 2005) and that many of our traditional legends such as that of King Arthur had their roots in prehistory, comes to a similar conclusion about the continuity of culture and peoples. Carver, Hills, and Scheschkewitz (2009)’s study of the Anglo Saxon cemetery at Wasperton suggests that the inhabitants of this post Roman settlement exhibited characteristics from Roman, Pre Roman British, Anglo-Saxon, pagan and Christian traditions, indicating a community of Britons adopting other practices as time went on. Moreover some of these ideas have now been aired in popular archaeology and history texts (Harper 2007).

Tomorrow, the world.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Exciting, if baffling, news this morning from my man with the M J Harper brief in academia

An economic perspective on the law : Is there "legal failure"? a thesis presented in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of PhD in Economics at Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand by Keith Stuart Birks
iii Acknowledgements iv more ▾
This mention was found in a paper hosted outside of Academia.edu
..., J. (Ed.). (2005). Econometrics: Legal, Practical, and Technical Issues: American Bar Association. Harper, M. J. (2006). The history of Britain revealed: The shocking truth about the English language. Cambridge:...
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 234, 235, 236

Jump to:  
Page 236 of 236

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in