MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
CABINET OF CURIOSITIES (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 177, 178, 179  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Could you (and anybody else who feels so moved) avoid any reference to me, the AEL, the fifty quid in your top pocket etc when doing so?
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Wile E. Coyote wrote:
It's really chewing me up, should I go for Harper, or should I wait for Harry?

Redknapp, Kane or Windsor?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Or Houdini, as my creditors call me.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Wish me luck!

Urogenital function in robotic vs laparoscopic rectal ...
Sofoklis Panteleimonitis 1 2 , Jamil Ahmed 3 , Meghana Ramachandra 3 , Muhammad Farooq 3 , Mick Harper 4 , Amjad Parvaiz 3 4 5 Affiliations 1 Department of Minimally Invasive Colorectal Unit, Queen Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, Portsmouth, UK

I would not myself call it minimally invasive but at least when it's a robot one's dignity is maintained.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Wish me luck!
Crafts, Hobbies & Home›>>Antiques & Collectables
Missing Persons
M J Harper
Buy new:£20.00
Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months

The first week, they say, is critical to the success of any new book. Getting an Amazon algorithm changed from Crafts, Hobbies & Home to History & Philosophy, and delivery from 1-2 months to 1-2 days takes a bit longer than that.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

We're On The March!
Best Sellers Rank:

126,982 in Books
861 in Antiques & Collectables
2,931 in Words, Language & Grammar
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Godspeed.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Is that fast or slow?
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Mick Harper wrote:
Is that fast or slow?

Looks like it's slow.

Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 months.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Talking of slow, I did mention this a few posts up. If anyone here is minded to help out an old soldier down on his luck by ordering a copy, could they make a careful record of
a) when they ordered it
b) whether by Prime or any other channel
c) what sequential communications to them from Amazon say about progress
d) when it actually arrives.

Which should be within days. Comments about content are less useful at this critical stage. I know any number of you have already begun the process because, after peaking early at 126,982nd most popular book in Britain, it is now on the slide, presently at 143,881. So now move on to Stage Two and ask your wife if you can order it.
Grant

Just bought it. It better be good for twenty sobs.

Standard delivery says it will arrive between Aug 16 and Sept 18. I would have paid for quicker delivery but it had the same dates on it and I’m reading two books at the moment anyway.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I won't thank you, I know what a treat's in store for you. Sovs (it's short for sovereigns). Keep me posted (Amazon will be sending you a message very soon) but continue reading the other two books until further orders. Or you secretly read it under the bedclothes, love it and you decide orders are for wimps. Hatty, take him off The List and put him on the other list.

PS We haven't forgotten people who a) helped and/or b) were promised a freebie. It will come, I promise.
N R Scott

In: Middlesbrough

I've bought a copy.

a) Just now - 26/7
b) Not with Prime - It still gave me the option of free delivery though, but I paid the fee as I'm also ordering printer ink in the same purchase
c) Delivery estimate: 14/8 - 17/9
d) I'll let you know when it comes
Mick Harper
Site Admin

What do you want, a medal? Actually you do get a medal. First thousand purchasers: "Reserved Occupation 1939-45" overstamped with "Enjoying the fruits of the AEL for years at Mick's expense is prolly worth twenty sobs, less what I get for it on ebay".
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Marriages Made in Heaven

Oxford is putting together a £4.2 million fund to set up a Chair of Enlightenment Studies. We are looking to sell the rights to Missing Persons which points out the Enlightenment never happened. The solution you first thought of -- we sell the rights to Oxford, they suppress the book, everyone goes home happy -- is no use because that would mean there's nothing left over to endow the Chair of Enlightenment.

Negotiations are ongoing. They've put up the 'Head of Philanthropy' (yeah, right) and are calling him 'Simon Crookall' (good one!), we're putting up Hatty (needs must). Anyway, if any of you want to be an Honorary Professor of Enlightenment Studies let us know.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 177, 178, 179  Next

Jump to:  
Page 104 of 179

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in