MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Questions Of The Day (Politics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

The bad news for those that like their wool heavy, was the decision of the Heavy Wollen District Independents not to stand in Batley. It's also 6000 votes, which will mostly go to the Tories. Meanwhile George Galloway's decision to stand will attract the Muslim vote, alienate the large Indian vote, and hurt Labour.

It's another Red Wall seat gone. Sir Keir is now decisively sacking his campaign staff, before the election is declared.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Grant wrote:
The Lib dems have got to be the most unscrupulous liars in politics. They won this seat by pretending to hate HS2 when they voted for it.

It's an excellent NIMBY example.

One of the best quotes on Sky News was something along the lines of “we don’t want to be another London suburb”.

They're about 130 years too late to worry about that.

The Metropolitan reached Chesham in 1889 and Amersham in 1892. The Weller Estate around Amersham station was developed by the Metropolitan itself through "The Metropolitan Railway Country Estates Ltd, Baker Street Station, N.W.1.

To quote the 1932 (and final) edition of "Metroland" on the estates in development by the company:

Weller Estate Amersham, of some 78 acres, adjacent to Amersham Station on both sides of the Railway. Beautifully wooded sites over 450 feet above sea level, fronting County and Public Roads, are now available from £4 to £5 10s 0d per foot frontage. Other roads in course of construction where House and Shop Sites can now be secured. detached and Semi-detached Houses ready for occupation from £875 Freehold.

It appears that most people there are living in houses that were just about built within living memory. Built there to take advantage of what was the new Metropolitan railway service. But they oppose any more houses being built there now to take advantage of the new-new HS2 railway service.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

But they oppose any more houses being built there now to take advantage of the new-new HS2 railway service.

Would access to the new service be in the form of those mailbags that are whipped off the station platform from a gantry thingy as the train thunders through at 180 mph? I'm only asking because my brother bought one (maroon coach with automatically opening trapdoor thingy, gantry thingy and two little PO bag thingies you had to fit on to it manually) for our -- I repeat, our -- Triang 00 model railway and wouldn't let me play with it. Not that I wanted to. Neither do I intend going anywhere near this express-to-Birmingham service of yours. Express to Stoke Mandeville more like.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

The Great Arizona Recount is bubbling up nicely. They have announced all will end this week but the verdict will have to wait 'till July'. Ostensibly, only two results are possible
1) The election was rigged and they will announce this
2) The election wasn't rigged and they will announce this.

Both are fraught. Assuming (1): although the process was hugely impressive in terms of action on the ground, it was not so impressive -- even downright shady -- when it came to being-seen-to-be-clean. So the Cyber Ninjas will find themselves in the same cleft stick the original election found itself in: who's gonna believe 'em? This always arises when carrying out huge, simple but unwieldy tasks eg counting election votes and auditing the counting of election votes. There's always masses of room for doubt and the Ninjas haven't done much to narrow it. They didn't even do as much as the original election officials.

But what if (2) applies? Now the 'impressive in terms of action on the ground' will come back to haunt them. Not only have they got nowhere to hide, this time they will have to be believed! Which would torpedo the whole Trump pitch because, after such a supreme effort, 'how goes Arizona, goes all the others'. But it is simply not possible for the one third of Americans who think Trump should be president to think Joe Biden should be. It's just not part of human nature. Once you are committed to a quasi-irrational belief you can't jettison it without confessing to being quasi-irrational yourself.

What happens when the same cognitive dissonance hits tens of millions of people simultaneously is anybody's guess. It frightens the hell out of me. I'd much rather the Ninjas said, "It was inconclusive, we'll release the full findings sometime in the (unspecified) future" than announce, "You know what? It wasn't rigged after all."

Liberals! Beware of getting what you wished for.
Boreades

It's a Rainy Night in Georgia as well.

The allegations of voter fraud in Georgia are two-fold based on sworn affidavits and video evidence: that internet-connected machines had fraudulent votes injected, and that election workers illegally scanned and rescanned ballots for Biden multiple times. A further problem is broken chain of custody of absentee ballots from drop boxes. All of these warrant further investigation and forensic audits.
Boreades

Follow the money.

Who provided the voting systems in these states?

Nevada
Arizona
Minnesota
Michigan
Wisconsin
Georgia
Pennsylvania

Dominion

Who owns Dominion?

Staple Street Capital, a private-equity firm, purchased Dominion on July 16, 2018 for approximately $265 million. William Kennard, the Chairman at Staple Street Capital was previously the Ambassador to the EU under Obama and the FCC Chief under Clinton.

Where does Staple Street Capital get money from?

UBS Securities LLC invested $400 million into Staple Street Capital on Oct. 8, 2020.

Never heard of UBS Securities, where is it?

There are two UBS Securities; one in New York (LLC) & one in Beijing (Co. Ltd.). The three board members of UBS NY are; Luo Qiang, Ye Xiang, & Mu Lina.

Luo Qiang was also on the board at UBS Beijing. Ye Xiang was the Board Chairman at UBS Beijing, a former Executive Director at Bank of China International, & a Secretary at the People’s Bank of China. Mu Lina was a Director at UBS Beijing.

Was it money well-spent?

The Dominion Forensic Audit in Antrim County, Michigan showed an error rate of 68.05% when the FEC guidelines allow for an error rate of 0.0008%. The forensic report concluded these “inherent errors” were used to “create systemic fraud”.

The latest analysis reveals the following illegal votes found by swing state compared to the alleged margin of “victory” for Biden:

Arizona: 254,722 illegal votes / 10,457 margin of victory
Georgia: 601,130 / 11,779
Michigan: 446,803 / 154,818
Nevada: 220,008 / 33,596
Pennsylvania: 991,467 / 81,660
Wisconsin: 553,872 / 20,682

Allegedly.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You forgot to mention that UBS is Union Bank of Switzerland who financed a certain member of this forum's family's watchmaking activities. Now she knows, he or she, they know you know so you won't be a member of this forum for very much longer, or anybody else's. Sayonara, big mouth.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Shit, we know.
Boreades

Mick Harper wrote:
But they oppose any more houses being built there now to take advantage of the new-new HS2 railway service.

Would access to the new service be in the form of those mailbags that are whipped off the station platform from a gantry thingy as the train thunders through at 180 mph? I'm only asking because my brother bought one (maroon coach with automatically opening trapdoor thingy, gantry thingy and two little PO bag thingies you had to fit on to it manually) for our -- I repeat, our -- Triang 00 model railway and wouldn't let me play with it. Not that I wanted to. Neither do I intend going anywhere near this express-to-Birmingham service of yours. Express to Stoke Mandeville more like.

Was it Hornby Dublo? Has your brother still got that Hornby TPO? Collectors' item now, squire, might be worth a bob or two.

https://www.brightontoymuseum.co.uk/index/TPO_Post_Office_Mail_Van_Set_(Hornby_Dublo_2400)

These days, Bachmann make the better TPO. Yours for just £52.46 +P&P

https://www.themodelcentre.com/39-421b-bachmann-oo-gauge-br-mk1-pos-post-office-sorting-van-post-office-red-with-nets
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You're not a collector, are you, Borry? It is the height of bad manners to mention the word Hornby in, as I pointed out, a Triang household. While we are bandying prices, the full oval track, transformer, control box and one 040 goods loco/shunter cost seventy-two shillings and sixpence which is why it had to be shared by my brother and me aka my brother. I didn't mind, I was keeping the family books. And doing most of the household chores. Plus a full time job. Busy, busy, busy.
Boreades

Mick Harper wrote:
You're not a collector, are you, Borry?

It would be nice, but sadly not. I don't have the necessary authorisation from my Financial Director to spend that kind of money.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

When have Republican voters ever before contested an election? Not in my lifetime. Hell, Nixon let Kennedy steal one. For the past four years, Democrats characterized Trump's 2016 victory as fraudulent---yet never once demanded an audit. Strange.

If there was any chance that the Arizona election was straight, the winners would be supportive of a full forensic audit. They already know what will be found. Would Republicans believe a negative finding? Of course not! No one should. But they would and shall believe a convincing presentation of the evidence supportive of a negative finding. The whole thing has been televised live. The methods and evidence will be presented with transparency or they are worthless. A scientific experiment has no value except the procedures be documented and it be repeatable.

And this experiment will be repeated. Arizona won't be the last state to perform such an audit.

Thirteen states later---you'll still be telling us Biden won. Yup. An old man who didn't even campaign beat the sitting President who garnered the most votes in history---who increased his vote tally from four years ago and this time won 19 of 20 bellwether counties. 2020 is the most unique election outcome in history! A real special case this one.

It's great though reading these posts here. I get updates on Anderson Cooper's opinions without having to watch CNN.
Grant

Never has the power of the mainstream media been so apparent as now. Everyone believes Orange Man bad because that’s what the media tell them.

Of course Orange Man was bad because if he’d done anything to help the white working classes who voted for him he would have won. Even the Democrats couldn’t have done enough cheating to get the Senile Man into office.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Goodoh, not one but two of our local Trumpists have broken cover. Bagging Trumpists is just the thing to start one's day.

When have Republican voters ever before contested an election? Not in my lifetime. Hell, Nixon let Kennedy steal one. For the past four years, Democrats characterized Trump's 2016 victory as fraudulent---yet never once demanded an audit. Strange.

So you admit that a) the outcomes of complex exercises are always subject to a certain amount of argument and b) that democracies have always accepted this with a degree of sang-froid. Until now, until Trumpists wishing to cry after spilt milk can't find the damn cow.

If there was any chance that the Arizona election was straight, the winners would be supportive of a full forensic audit.

No, they won, so they wouldn't. But even so they have no reason to believe it wasn't straight. Even now no actual evidence has been forthcoming. (No, I am not saying it won't be forthcoming.)

They already know what will be found.

How can they? They have assumed not much will be found because American elections, though complex exercises, have been found to be straight in the past. Subject to certain caveats.

Would Republicans believe a negative finding? Of course not! No one should.

So what is the purpose of the audit?

But they would and shall believe a convincing presentation of the evidence supportive of a negative finding. The whole thing has been televised live. The methods and evidence will be presented with transparency or they are worthless. A scientific experiment has no value except the procedures be documented and it be repeatable.

Excellent. As I said, we await their findings.

And this experiment will be repeated. Arizona won't be the last state to perform such an audit.

Very true. As I say, we await their findings.

Thirteen states later---you'll still be telling us Biden won. Yup. An old man who didn't even campaign beat the sitting President who garnered the most votes in history---who increased his vote tally from four years ago and this time won 19 of 20 bellwether counties. 2020 is the most unique election outcome in history! A real special case this one.

I'll be telling you that Biden didn't win the election after all. I believe, under US law, he remains president but the Supreme Court may decide on a constructionist intervention.

It's great though reading these posts here. I get updates on Anderson Cooper's opinions without having to watch CNN.

Glad to be of service. Andersen himself is still leading the programme day after day reporting the smallest ever coup d'état caught on camera, when some ruffians broke into a legislature and started spinning chairs around while whooping with delight. They had as much chance getting their man in as the Ninja vote-counters.

Never has the power of the mainstream media been so apparent as now. Everyone believes Orange Man bad because that’s what the media tell them.

As opposed to you who was there at the time?

Of course Orange Man was bad because if he’d done anything to help the white working classes who voted for him he would have won. Even the Democrats couldn’t have done enough cheating to get the Senile Man into office.

I think Ishmael will tell you that that's two reasons, which is not allowed under the one input/one outcome rule. Insofar as I can follow what you are saying.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

The problem for Boris is that unlike most PMs he cannot fire incompetents for shagging.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 299, 300, 301  Next

Jump to:  
Page 194 of 301

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in