MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Flu (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

In: Toronto

For the record, I was willing to pay off the kidnappers.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Thanks H, it's reassuring that he will be fitter and much better connected when he returns.
N R Scott

In: Middlesbrough

Grant wrote:
Please wish him well

Likewise from me.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Passed your messages on, did him good. He actually laughed.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

We continue to frame policy on "the NHS will collapse unless..." When are people going to realise that the NHS is always on the point of collapse? All sensible health systems always are. Providing health care is so expensive they are always designed to run at near-100% capacity. When something comes along eg a war or a bit of extra winter flu, all that happens is that a) fresh capacity is created with great rapidity and b) the criterion for gold standard care is shaved a bit.

I note the Nightingale hospitals are still untouched. I note that the world has to come to a stop so long as there is one ninety-year-old biddy with no quality of life + COVID that just has to be treated as if she were Princess Diana. It's democracy or summat.

PS Look how long it took the professional morons to recognise that it was about a zillion times more important for everyone to get one jab than a lesser number two.

PPS Look at how the jab-rate is now being held up by the website asking for qualified volunteers to provide a CV appropriate to the positive vetting of atomic scientists. All because of one civil servant guarding their back and nobody else having the temerity to tell him to sling his hook.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

You too can be a Professor Ferguson.

Imperial College London's theory-focused Master of Science in Machine Learning and Data Science (MLDS) degree is now available on Coursera. Imperial College London is ranked as one of the world's top 10 universities*, and the Master of Machine Learning and Data Science (MLDS) curriculum is taught by world-class faculty.

Learn how to construct fantastic mathematics models.

This degree is unique thanks to Imperial's prestige in the field of mathematics. Instead of just teaching you the latest computer science tools, Imperial focuses on the mathematics behind Machine Learning. The programme equips students with the theoretical foundations needed for all machine learning implementation.

Apply now to SAGE for funding.
Wile E. Coyote

So this is why Trump was so annoyed at the Chinese. Of course it's a reasonable theory, which stands unrefuted.

https://www.state.gov/fact-sheet-activity-at-the-wuhan-institute-of-virology/
Wile E. Coyote

Once we have completed the vaccination of the elderly and vulnerable and lifted the remains of the pseudo-lockdown, we will then be in the same position as we are in every year for flu, there will be no need to vaccinate the rest of us. We just need a decent communication strategy, to explain to younger folks why they don't need a jab, as going to schools' universities' and partying and playing, creates a natural herd immunity, and they are not at any real significant risk.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

China has definitely caught the Putin virus: 'we don't care what the world thinks.' Whether the Chinese have anything to cover up or not, the fact they have never permitted (until now, a year later) anyone from outside to investigate, speaks volumes. The Old China, the one that did worry about what the world thought about them, would have done a quick, brutal and efficient cover-up, then invited the world to inspect their handiwork within weeks.

It is worth analysing Don't Care syndrome -- Turkey is the latest adherent -- because it does not arise from strength. What, Russia? As far as I can make out it is a governmental calculation that your own people want it. A sort of Fuck-You Nationalism after too long eating crow. On the other hand, since a desire to be liked is part of the human condition, this is presumably not the whole picture.

It may even, be for all I know, efficient. Our behaviour during the Brexit negotiations seems not to have done us much harm. Disliking people does not rule out propitiating them.
Boreades

A situation has arisen which may be interesting (in an AEL kind of way).

Now that we're into the "extended live trials" of the various vaccines on offer, enough time has gone by for people to notice some of the "side effects". Like the Norwegian frail and elderly.

At least 23 people have died in Norway just days after getting the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine, according to reports. The deaths were related to side effects from the jab. More than half of the fatalities were elderly nursing home patients.

Looks like it's a win-win situation.

If the patient survives, Covid deaths go down.

if the patient doesn't survive, it's called "side effects", or "death due to underlying causes". So they didn't die of Covid, and the Covid deaths go down as well.

What's not to like?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

What's not to like?

I have my own personal decision to make in a few weeks when my number comes up as the age groups come down. My initial thought was I'd rather not since why risk side effects when a) everybody else is providing me with herd immunity and b) my reclusive life style provides me with non-herd immunity. But, on the other hand, a jab would provide me with actual (near-) immunity .

Also I have a feeling that 'having a certificate' is going to play some unspecified but significant part in all our lives in the unforeseeable future.
Wile E. Coyote

WHO have just changed their definition of COVID.

PCR positive is no longer considered to equate to Covid.

You are now not a Covid case, according to WHO, unless you get a second test to confirm it, and are presenting clinical symptoms.

This is excellent news as COVID infections and COVID deaths, formerly measured as those that have died after a PCR positive, will now dramatically fall and everyone will feel happier.

Ish will complain that by WHO changing it on the date of the Biden inauguration this cannot be a coincidence, as is the fact that one of Biden's first acts is to rejoin..... WHO.

Mick will elegantly dismiss this.
Boreades

Mick Harper wrote:
Also I have a feeling that 'having a certificate' is going to play some unspecified but significant part in all our lives in the unforeseeable future.

Almost right, it's the foreseeable future already. Papers please.

Saga Holidays to refuse travellers who haven't been vaccinated

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/20/travel-news-covid-restrictions-ban-corridors-tests-uk-holidays/
Wile E. Coyote

That's right Boro. Actually you will require a certificate for each family member, as well as the cat for the cattery, when you next go on your safari. Of course you can rest assured SAGA will ensure the locals have had their jabs, so it will be a risk free holiday until you get eaten by a lion.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

I now believe the simplest explanation for Covid was that it was a CCP conspiracy from day one. Whoever died in Wuhan was killed by a CCP program or by panicked hospitals told by the government that the seasonal flu was a new deadly pandemic.

I devised the Cellular Tower accident as a way to avoid this conclusion. But.... come on. This was all such a transparent war against one man: Donald Trump.

I give up.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Jump to:  
Page 52 of 73

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in