MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AE on Telly News (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Mountbatten's sexuality didn't get much of an airing in The Crown on Netflix, but the Prince of Wales's certain did.

M'Lady Boreades sat tutting her way through it all. I was bold enough to enquire why she was tutting. Did she disapprove of Netflix's version of history? I was firmly told: Yes, she did disapprove (and why). They've hardly scratched the surface.

Every time she'd met the PoW she came away feeling patronised by a smug, self-centred, self-opinionated delusional twat.

The bit they did get right (I'm told) was how obsessively jealous he was of Diana getting any attention. She (I'm told) was chosen as a suitable brood mare with the correct blood line, and was expected to produce heirs and spares and keep her mouth and legs shut. Except for Royal demands.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Every time she'd met the PoW she came away feeling patronised by a smug, self-centred, self-opinionated delusional twat.

She must have felt right at home. Your children I mean, of course. Was I wrong to give up on The Crown after whatsherface took over? I've got a space in my diary after my one-on-one with Santa. Though no spaces on my list of presents. Yes, I know it's me dressed up but even so I like waking up to a big pile of them at the bottom of the bed.
Grant

How could she produce heirs with her legs shut?
Boreades

Mick Harper wrote:

She must have felt right at home. Your children I mean, of course.

Your memory may be correct. Both M'lady and my children expressed the same opinion about you after you visited. To give you credit, I did insist you had some redeeming features. I wish I could remember what they were. Such larks.
Boreades

Grant wrote:
How could she produce heirs with her legs shut?

By royal appointment.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Tranmere Rovers vs Brackley Town (BBC2)

Dear Controller, BBC2

I don't mind you clearing the schedules for games involving unfashionable teams, unfashionable people pay the licence fee too, but you must draw the line at towns even a place-name nerd like me hasn't heard of. I am not going to watch in protest. And if it goes to extra time and interferes with Newsnight I will hunt you down like a rat.

Yours sincerely
Name & address supplied
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Mark Kermode's Film Review (BBC News Channel)

I was really looking forward to Mank when it comes out on Netflix next week until The Quiffted One told me how disappointed he was with it. Now I will have to meta-watch it. He'd better meta-watch it.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80

Jump to:  
Page 80 of 80

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in