MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Questions Of The Day (Politics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

I blame you for gatherene these swine. What does subscribing mean anyway? You'd better leave yours alone. I suppose I'll have to send you another cheque to do nothing.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

What does subscribing mean anyway?

We sit here anxiously awaiting your next offering.

(I’d go with that old SCUM video.)
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Three subscribers, eh? Makes me a bit of a star on the YouTube circuit, I expect. Not that these baubles mean a lot to me. Can you use another computer and subscribe again?
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Can you use another computer and subscribe again?

No need... you’re already up to four.

The boffins are currently calculating the R number.
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

Mick Harper wrote:
We are learning gradually that in modern societies police are more social workers than crime-busters though it is doubtful if the USA yet qualifies as a modern society. Ditto your French example where they seem to think they still live in a time when 'aux barricades' is an initial bargaining position.

Maybe it is the other way round that the riots occur because the USA has the most advanced rights for blacks anywhere. They have had a black president, there are many black mayors, in Minnesota the current head of police is black. Liberalism wins by fracturing nation states. The riots are a symptom.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

This is well-known revolutionary praxis. The oppressed rise up not when they are oppressed but as soon as they aren't. My advice to white Americans is not to stop when the police flag you down in case they are black. "Did you know you were doing thirty-five in a built-up area, Sir? Step out of the car and 'adopt the position'."
Mick Harper
Site Admin

(I’d go with that old SCUM video.)

Not a bad wheeze even though it does sell from time to time. What does the panel think? One problem has already arisen. YouTube is having difficulty linking M J Harper and Mick Harper. This is a whole new arena that I must master. Starting with the fact that anyone using Google Chrome can't open a YouTube account without a degree in software engineering. Since mine is from the University of the Internet (they refused my doctorate because I failed my Viva interrogation) this is currently proving problematic.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Eventually, you will run out of videos.

Give this one, one week. Then do SCUM.

Then start making new videos where you just ramble into the camera. You've got a lot to say. It could get big.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Bigger than I already am? Can this arm of the galaxy take it? Meanwhile I will take your advice about leaving it for a week. Sixty-nine views already! Someone said.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

...after days of protest marred by violence, arson and looting -- CNN anchor

This is a typical liberal misunderstanding of the situation. Because they live in a world of sweet reason, they suppose that peaceful protest gets things done. No, it's violence, arson and looting that gets things done. Sorry, liberals, I don't relish it either, my butter is spread on the same side of the bread, but it's your collective actions that have got us to this situation. Examine your paradigms, muppets!
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Seventy-six views.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Ishmael wrote:
I need to post more of the book here for you to review.

Only discovered the excerpts this morning, probably because no orange light was showing.

For those who like me missed the posts, they're in 'The Weather Underground' in the Reading Room section. Shout out if you can't get access.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

My media-hack cousin (Lunchtime O'Boreades) sent me news.

The UK Press Gazette announced on Wednesday that it was launching a campaign entitled “Fight the Infodemic”. “The aim is stop key platforms like Facebook, Google and Twitter from promoting misinformation about vital issues like COVID-19 and instead to favour evidence-based journalism from bona fide outlets”.

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/fight-the-infodemic-press-gazette-launches-campaign-as-thousands-voice-concern-over-spread-of-covid-19-conspiracies-on-social-media/

Which puzzled me, as YouTube has already been actively culling videos that present a dissenting voice. Videos that not-a-lot-of-people know about until they get banned. And then many times more people do hear about it from alt.channels.

Harpo, your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to successfully get an AEL video banned from YouTube.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

This is a more interesting dilemma than you might think. YouTube (I imagine) takes a more liberal view of un-orthodoxy simply because people have to go out of their way to find them and therefore a rough buyer-beware policy can be followed. On Facebook and Twitter things (I imagine) are so mixed together that the unwary have to be protected by the great and the good.

But there is another factor. Who does the banning? On Facebook and Twitter where individuals are in control of their own threads (to some extent, I don't know how it all works) they can ban individuals for being too heterodox. Quite often, Hatty and I discuss whether one of her proposed really outrageous posts (you know, asking for evidence, that kind of thing) will get her banned and whether this is a good or a bad thing.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You will need the AE position on Black Lives Matter. First and always is to drill down far enough to reach the bedrock of fact on which to build. This is clearly: black lives do not matter. They are far too unimportant a demographic, either here or in America, for them to be singled out for special concern, unless they are dying in great droves which is clearly not the case.

So now we can move to the Black Lives Matter campaign, which by contrast is hugely important, dominating the airwaves both here and in America. Of course AE does not take sides in these routine internecine disputes except to pronounce that one or the other is deserving of our support because they are undeservedly getting the sticky end of the stick. This is clearly the case in the case of blacks even though some of it is deserved.

Technical advice to follow.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 164, 165, 166 ... 299, 300, 301  Next

Jump to:  
Page 165 of 301

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in