MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Americka? (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

In: Toronto

N R Scott wrote:

Meso means middle too, and we describe that general part of the world as Meso-america. I mention it as it reminds me of the Mason-Dixon line stuff from the "Did The Dark Ages Exist?" thread.

Ingenious!
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

I have been going through Cabinet of Curiosities posts for another purpose entirely and arrived at the original exchanges about Armorica=America. They are here and are worth re-reading
http://www.applied-epistemology.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=306&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=165

Though I'm a bit irritated that everybody remembered them except me. Even after I found them if you see what I mean. I may have been down with tonsilitis that week. There was a lot of it about. I do remember that.
Ishmael

WTF?

I went back to re-read that thread and came across my post about some king named Antiochus VI Dionysus of Persia. Apparently, there was an article on HistoricMysteries.com pointing out the similarities between that King and Edward VI. That article has since been scrubbed.

Curious. I went looking for it. I could not find it. But I found something else.

On the Wikipedia Entry for Antiochus VI Dionysus, there is a coin showing his likeness. But what caught my attention was the coin reverse. It shows two riders on horseback side-by-side.

The Wikipedia text says that these two riders are Castor and Pollux.

If this is so, might this solve the mystery of the Templar Logo---which shows two riders on a single horse. Might these riders be Castor and Pollux?

Ishmael

I just had another thought.

Is "Castor and Pollux" a reference to homosexuality?

I have previously linked the names "Castor" and "Pullux" to the Golden Radio that divides the body of man at the testicles. 2/3 of the man is above the testicles; 1/3 is below. The testicles hang below the line where the body is bisected at 0.618. Castor and Pullux are twins born of the division of their father. This is the creation story whereby order was divided by Chaos.

Castor is the twin on top.

Pullux (the one with the testicles) is the twin on bottom.

Top.

Bottom.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I don't know whether we went into Templars and homosexuality but it's all to do with the introduction of celibacy by the Church. Celibacy has nothing to do with sex. It has everything to do with not having (legitimate) children. Europe/the Church (it was kinda the same thing at the time) was looking for an economic model that didn't require the state (which it couldn't control) and didn't require the family (which can't control itself for more than a generation or two). So it came up with celibate organisations, most notably itself but also monastic orders, the Templars, the Hospitallers, the Teutonic Knights etc etc.

The point of them all is that capital can be aggregated on a long term basis when you can't pass it on to your kids, so you don't specially enrich yourself (bar a comfortable life) and whatever you've got at the end goes back into the kitty (bar a few bequests).

But who would want such a life? Homosexuals of course but there's plenty of people (there's one staring at this screen as I write) who aren't homosexual but hate kids (and people generally). You only need a coupla per cent of the cohort to become the richest entities around because everybody else is just squandering it on themselves, their kids, their wars, their palaces, their art collections, different kinds of soap powders because their washing machine has just packed up and so forth. The overall point is that it doesn't come out in the wash but stays in house. I tell you it's a bleedin' nuisance.

And that is the long term problem. They eventually become a bleedin' nuisance and have to be replaced by the limited liability joint-stock company.
Ishmael

Good stuff this.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Last chapter, next book.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Street car, left hook. I'm a-ready. Ready, steady, Teddy, I'm a-ready.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I've left out the Jews, banking dynasties, the Hanseatic League, mercantile guilds, Trinity House, saintly orders, the Jesuits. Bollocks, I'm not nearly ready. Just the way I like it.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in