MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Sweet Track (Megalithic)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

I can neither confirm nor deny that there are connections between Knoydart and Glenborrydale.

Edit:
There's a documentary about some of the connections on the Beeb right now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ml4yv/whisky-galore
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

This is the kind of thing we have to put up with, the latest comment on our Glastonbury YouTube lecture

Guestar 2 weeks ago
To suggest there were "no roads" about in the Bronze Age is preposterous. If you didn't know the way there, you would simply ASK, the locals!

Well, it's not us that suggest there were no roads in the Bronze Age, it is archaeologists who can, with tiny corduroy exceptions, find no trace of them. We actually make no comment either way. But the idea of asking the locals "Which way are the copper mines in North Wales?" or "Am I on the right road for Cornwall?" is certainly preposterous. One does though admire the forthright confidence of the bloke (why do I suspect it's a bloke?)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

Jump to:  
Page 23 of 23

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in