MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forgery: Modus operandi (British History)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

The poor bloke will have to undergo an enormous battery of tests including a carbon date unless he's clutching an early medieval text. Then all tests, and indeed bets, are off.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

I am presently listening to Julian Barnes reading from his The Man in the Red Coat. Although he doesn't realise it, I think he is in the middle of a forgery scam. Unfortunately the talk is now off the list of things you can listen to but if anybody has the book or can get hold of it, let them sing out. (I can't 'cos they've closed the libraries and Barnes is too noble to be cheaply got from Amazon... da dah). Anyway the dramatis personae consists of these (so far, I'm only ten minutes in and there's an hour to go) and include a number of wrong 'uns. Plus enough right-ons to get our own book up and running. Get on it!

Henry James
Marcel Proust
Burne-Jones
William Morris
John Singer Sergeant
William de Morgan
Prince Edmond de Polignac
Count Robert de Montesquiou-Ferenszac
Stéphane Mallarmé
Dr Samuel Jean Pozzi

Liberty's
Chelsea bookshops
The Grosvenor Gallery
Royal Academy
National Portrait Gallery
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Jump to:  
Page 22 of 22

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in