MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Importance of Sport (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 258, 259, 260  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Wile E. Coyote wrote:
Crap and arse.

Just got it... Brilliant !
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Oh yes! 'Trap and pass', Hatty. The committee have removed your award, Wiley, on the grounds of undue social realism. Sorry, I don't make the rules.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

We've been here before, in the Great Freeze-Up of whenever it was and all matches were postponed for two months. They appointed a Pools Panel to say what would have happened. As far as I can recall, it was just as exciting as the real thing.

"The Panel played a blinder awarding Villa that home win."
"Yes, but only because Dougan probably missed that late pen."
"That was never handball in the first place. The Panel need to get theirselves a guide dog."
"Psychic are they?"
"Well, second sight is how they put it."
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Did you see the Ibrox pitch? I thought I was in Moldova or somewhere. Welcome to the future, Scotland.
Chad

The situation is becoming desperate.

Just been out walking the dog... and had to stop for a while, to watch a young Staffie dribble a football around an empty pitch, with its nose.

The pup had talent...

(God, what am I going to do?)
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Theoretically greyhound racing without handlers and spectators ought to be OK so you could pop along to Belle Vue. Tell them you're RSPCA-approved. If you lob in a ball, we will finally discover the answer to that age old question "Do dogs prefer football to athletics?"
Chad

Went to a dog track, many, many moons ago (can't remember which one*) but a couple of the hounds took a disliking to each other.

It was carnage... blood everywhere... dogs fleeing in all directions... handlers screaming, children crying.

The meeting was called off and we all got our entry fee refunded.

Fantastic fun. (Much better than horse racing.)

EDIT: * St. Austell 1968
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

The UFC (Mixed Martial Arts) are determined to keep going, although (damn) the London event is being cancelled.

But the real men are the chess players, refusing to cancel the Candidates (two Chinese competitors) and even also running the over 65 seniors championship. God we are so tough. Oh hang on, it's because there are no spectators that want to watch chess. I take it back.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

J'adoube.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I still go through my daily routine of checking the sports channels for programmes I need to record. All fourteen channels -- Sky, BT and Eurosport. There isn't going to be anything but it's comforting. Except I'm still paying for them which isn't. But I shall need to create some space on my digibox for the day when the great catch-up starts and they are showing matches morning, noon and night.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

"It's damned quiet, Carruthers"
"Too damned quiet."
"Do you think they've gone?"
"No. I can sense them all around. Watching our every move. Waiting for us to drop our guard."
"Bringing footballs doesn't seem to have worked the oracle."
"More likely they'll use our heads for a kickaround."
"That's a good idea, what about a bit of keepy-uppy?"
"Why not? Show 'em we're not afraid."
"Six feet apart?"
Chad

"Six feet apart?"

"No, better make it just over six and a half."
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Chad wrote:
"Six feet apart?"

"No, better make it just over six and a half."

That's inches away from being millimetre perfect.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Robbie Lyle: Football Fans Under The Skin (ITV-1)

Arsenal are the black club, Spurs are the Jewish club. Thank God I support Chelsea, the English club. And gays.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

'Lloyd-Jones and the Protestant past', in Andrew Atherstone and David Ceri Jones, eds, Engaging with Lloyd-Jones: The Life and Legacy of ‘the Doctor’ (Inter-Varsity Press, 2011)
... man”’.84 Lloyd-Jones’s passion for revival resonated with Pentecostals and charismatics, including Michael Harper and Terry Virgo, but it is precisely his heavy stress on revival and experience that has made him l...

I’ll never forget those days when elderly snooker players would ask me to lead them in prayer for one last success at the Crucible.
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 258, 259, 260  Next

Jump to:  
Page 115 of 260

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in