MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Historical Fictions (NEW CONCEPTS)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angus McOatup

In: England

Mick Harper wrote:
I may be wrong but the point about the Windsor stuff (which 'came out' in the early twentieth century) was that all the earlier provenances are distinctly iffy. Windsor is the first date everybody can agree on. Of course the early twentieth century was exactly the moment when all the Da Vince visionary science stuff became just workaday present cf Ishmael.

The involvement of the Windsors is often questioned. Setting aside lizards and Anthony Blunt, my own view is that some royal courtier was stiffed with the Leonardo forgeries in Edwardian times and, since royal prestige is involved -- not to mention a few bob -- it has been covered up ever since.

There is nothing necessarily suspicious in this 'cover up', it is normal practice for all owners, galleries, museums etc to tacitly collude (when they are not being perfectly genuine) in cleaving to the status quo. Which really does benefit practically everyone. Remember, we are all happier in a world in which Leonardo was a towering genius. Only Applied Epistemologists would dissent.

Agreed Mick, Leo was a bit of a dawdler...

1 Adoration of the Magi ... unfinished
2 Last Supper, ... crap technique .. result: a disaster...
3. Sforza Horse ... too big to cast, result: clay model used as target practice by invading French.
4 Battle of Angiari ... unfinished (again!)
...And most of his theory lifted entirely from Leon Battista Alberti (a real renaissance man) and Piero della Francesca...
Send private message Send e-mail
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Angus, what is the purpose of quoting a post in its entirety when it has just appeared in its entirety? Do you want us to read it twice? (Admittedly it was that good.) Especially as your answer doesn't seem to follow on particularly from mine.

You are an excellent contributor but must vanquish your aspergic tendencies. Like the rest of us have. Mostly.
Angus McOatup

Sorry Mick I am aware of this. The system wont let me quote individual sentences ?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

The system wont let me quote

You mean like this? All you do is after you have brought up the Reply box, scroll down to where all the previous posts are, highlight the bit you want, paste that up, click the quote button and Chad's your uncle. Let me know if this is not sufficient.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

PS Can some software boffin explain why errant question marks eg at the end of Angus's last post keep popping up. Is this everybody's experience or just, as usual, mine.
Angus McOatup

Thanks Mick, will do. The ? was mine. I'll stop it.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Another Da Vinci anachronism comes to light. Apparently, Da Vinci was conducting experiment in friction that would not be performed by others for 200 years.

‘Doodles’ In Leonardo Da Vinci’s Notebooks Are Changing The History Of Science

Are human beings really this stupid?
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 2

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in