MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quantum Biology (Life Sciences)
Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Of course we knew this kind of stuff already (see the Holographic Mind and Universe posts).

But the BBC is bigging-it-up
"Do weird physics effects abound in nature?"

See http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21150047
Ishmael

In: Toronto

We do not need a new thread for this. Post in Cabinet of Curiosities if not relevant elsewhere.
Boreades

One-fifth of Earth's 10,000 bird species migrate over great distances, crossing seemingly insurmountable obstacles as they follow the seasons.

Demoiselle Cranes fly to altitudes in excess of 20,000 feet as they pass over the Himalayan Mountains. The Arctic Tern travels from pole to pole in pursuit of an endless summer, a distance of some 40,000 miles.

Scientists have long speculated that certain animals are making use of magnetic fields to find their way, but biologists are mystified as to how they might do it.

Now some answers might be coming from one of the most perplexing interactions in physics.
European Robins might do a better job of detecting quantum entanglement than physics labs currently can.

A group of physicists from the University of Oxford have proposed that entanglement could last in a bird’s retina for 100 microseconds, whereas physicists have only been able to make the interaction last for 80 microseconds – despite cooling their experiments to just above absolute zero.

http://www.physicscentral.com/explore/action/pia-entanglement.cfm
Boreades

And: http://www.wired.com/2011/01/quantum-birds/
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

This is surely worth a thread. I await the connection though with our Megalithic Navigation material.
Ishmael

I've already made that connection.

As we discovered in another thread, birds can be taught to read and respond to an enormous library of symbols: A bird sees a particular symbol, for example, and knows that underneath that marker there is food present. The same symbols can be used to train a bird to follow through a maze to find food.

This then is why Bimini was constructed and why the Nazca lines were drawn. Birds were trained to follow and navigate by the symbols. Birds, flying high above, could be directed to alter their courses when they saw a particular symbol on the ground below.

This is why Bimini lies along the precise line of longitude occupied by the very similar Owl formation I identified in Peru. This line of longitude was of great importance because it happens to pass directly through Panama at its narrowest point. I've got the idea that the birds followed the symbols and the sailors followed the birds---to make landing on both the Atlantic and Pacific sides of the isthmus.

This further explains why large geomorphic forms have been found in the Americas, intentionally buried beneath earth. The symbols were created for periodic exposure: They were hidden from the sky when the birds were meant to return to their normative courses.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Most valuable. What is your explanation though for the Nazca animals being grouped in such tight profusion?
Ishmael

My idea is that Nazca was a testing center. The animals were erased periodically and new ones drawn. The condition it is in now is the condition in which it was left when the system was abandoned.

Some animals overlap others because birds familiar with only one of the two symbols would ignore the other. Thus it was possible to put two signals at the same geographic location---each signal directed to a different set of birds and each giving a different directive
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Following the flight of birds is surely rather more useful at sea than on land (except perhaps a desert landscape which is either featureless or the features are liable to constantly shift).

It seems unnecessary to create route-markers for birds on land...a lot of trouble unless for a very special kind of bird. Wouldn't feeding/roosting centres work as well ?
Ishmael

Hatty wrote:
Wouldn't feeding/roosting centres work as well ?

I've no idea. I've never raised birds to follow route markers.

I've only ever discovered evidence of the system in connection with lines that would appear useful for navigation at sea.
Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Page 1 of 1

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in