MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Politics, The Final Frontier (Politics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wile E. Coyote

In: Arizona

A bold claim, Coyote. Perhaps you can give us a single successful application of this method.

I can promise a trickster no success, you might end up at the bottom of the canyon, or being run over by truck or train, or most likely all of these misfortunes in quick succession .... and that is on a good day.

There is no single trickster method, though each distinct invention is carefully recorded, and is much more devilish than the last.......

It is after all, as I made clear, a secondary rank.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

So nothing springs to mind. Why am I constantly surrounded by serried ranks of theorists?
Wile E. Coyote

Good question. Why?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

You could begin your journey by first admitting that since you cannot come up with an example, then your initial claim was presumably wrong. Go on ... just this once.
Wile E. Coyote

It hasn't escaped my attention that none of my inventions work. Surely the next one will. I take heart that Boro has discovered the virtue of "reversing."

Coin is about "flipping."
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Coyote. Please. Put the drugs away.
Britanicus

In: The West Country

Hi there Mick,
You mentioned being left wing or right wing some time ago, I am fortunately bang in the middle ground and class myself as a radical moderate, if that makes sense to you. There are many like me, call us the silent majority if you like, who are slow to revolt, work hard and pay their taxes.

There are some Liberal, Conservative and Labour ideals and ideas that appeal to me, and when I vote, I vote for the candidate that is good for me and the country at that time. Sometimes the party in power is so dangerous one has to vote it out regardless of the good of the local MP, as was the last Labour government and before that the Conservative government of Margaret Thatcher, which unfortunately hung on under a weak John Major to even greater disaster.
Britanicus

It is never mentioned that Margaret Thatcher's government started with a severe recession in 1979/80 with large job losses and bankrupt firms. It finished in 1989/90 with an even greater one, with massive job losses, 15% interest rates, a very severe housing collapse, and the biggest collapse of manufacturing firms since the 1930's. With it went most of the well paid jobs for the working classes and their traditional industries, never to return, and remember most of this was self inflicted by insane right wing ideological dogma ( re: a later George Bush ).

And don't even mention the infamous and cruel Poll Tax. I had a friend that lived in a mobile home with his partner who before the Poll Tax paid £98 a year in rates, that was changed to £368 EACH, a total of £736..........All the very rich had their rates cut from many thousands of pounds to the same as them, which meant the working class had to make up that deficit. They we go, labourers paying the same as millionaires, true equality in action Thatcher style.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

I class myself as a radical moderate

AE says that radicals are cretins [fixed strategies are not permitted] and moderates are morons [fixed strategies are not permitted], so that would make you a cretinous moron. Though others might argue that you are a moronic cretin. I wouldn't like to say personally ... it could be either. Maybe both. It's a grey area.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Britanicus wrote:
...I am fortunately bang in the middle ground and class myself as a radical moderate

Every empty-headed fool thinks himself a moderate.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

And every empty-headed idealist calls himself a radical. Including, if memory serves, your good self, Ishmael.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

There are some Liberal, Conservative and Labour ideals and ideas that appeal to me, and when I vote, I vote for the candidate that is good for me and the country at that time.

Good, good. Mixed strategy, all very AE.

Sometimes the party in power is so dangerous one has to vote it out regardless

What in Britain? Are you kidding? The last dangerous government we had was Cromwell in 1658.

of the good of the local MP, as was the last Labour government and before that the Conservative government of Margaret Thatcher, which unfortunately hung on under a weak John Major to even greater disaster.

Oh, yes, sorry, I had forgotten them. Very dangerous. Ravening beasts. Thank God they're gone etc etc.

It is never mentioned that Margaret Thatcher's government started with a severe recession in 1979/80 with large job losses and bankrupt firms. It finished in 1989/90 with an even greater one,

Dunno about you but in the circles I move in this is mentioned every day. There was, let us not forget, a goodly chunk of prosperity in between.

with massive job losses, 15% interest rates, a very severe housing collapse, and the biggest collapse of manufacturing firms since the 1930's. With it went most of the well paid jobs for the working classes and their traditional industries, never to return, and remember most of this was self inflicted by insane right wing ideological dogma ( re: a later George Bush ).

Yes, but the entire country was restructured as well. All these well-paid jobs you refer to were simply traditional industries being subsidised by the tax payer indefinitely because of the power of their unionised workforces. Or so the theory goes.
Brian Ambrose

I hated the Conservative government in 1992. Interest rates at 15%, I just couldn't afford it. The bastards. I wish we had interest rates at 15% now, it would do my pension prospects the world of good, but they have this stupid low interest rate policy. Bloody Conservative bastards. As for the poll tax, what would I give now to only pay £736 council tax. The bastards.

etc.
Britanicus

Boy have we got some clowns on this forum, but I like that cretinous moron title Mick, very very good, been laughing my socks off all day.

When I become a MP or better still a MEP I will put that on my notice board....
Britanicus

Oh and talking of master Cromwell, were any of you aware that he did not have the money to fund his army and therefore sold his soul to the devil for substantial finances to wage a war with the King.

Anyone out there got a clue who financed Cromwell to chop off the King's head?
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

Jump to:  
Page 12 of 106

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in