MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Let's Cure Autism! (Health)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Mick wrote:
It's a bit like Chad claiming to be English even though in fact he's from Lancashire.

Let's not forget that Lancashire (or more specifically Manchester, or even more specifically Old Trafford) is home to the current "Champions of England" in the two most beautiful games bestowed upon the world by this great English nation.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Excuse me but I think foreign members would be rather more impressed to be told that Charlton Athletic are running away with the English First Division. When the red, red robins come bob, bob, bobbing along.
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Chad wrote:
But in practice your "Asian" category is just as restrictive and ultimately meaningless as ours.

No. It isn't. But I will let you figure out on your own why that isn't the case. My classroom is no longer in session.
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

I fully understand where you are coming from... I just don't happen to agree with you.

There's only one way to find out who's right...
Ishmael

Now I know I am right!

As I have long been writing, the rise in allergies in the western world has been brought about by the very same thing responsible for the rise in Autism. Cleanliness.
Ishmael

What significance do you see in this picture?

Ishmael

Hmmmm...

Amish farm kids remarkably immune to allergies
Ishmael

Well there you have it kids. I've been saying for some time now that colds and flus may actually be natural processes of the body that are necessary to preserve health. Now it appears there exists a long-noted link between the rate at which people come down with a cold or flu and how resistant they are to cancer. If you don't get sick, you are more likely to get cancer.

Feed A Fever, Starve A Cancer?

The reasons for the link between colds, flus and cancers, as given in this article, still suffer from what I suspect is paradigm error. A cold and a flu are seen as infectious diseases combated by the body. I suspect they are necessary processes by which information from other humans is integrated within the body. The process is controlled by the body using the same mechanisms it uses to fight disease? Why? because most or all diseases are the result of miscommunication -- an organism with data intended for one type of creature ends up in the body of a different creature.
Ishmael

Intelligence. Smarter people tend to be born born after they're due.

Small differences in birth timing tied to test scores.

Starting to put it together yet?
Ishmael

Guess not. Ho hum...

Here's something else to chew on:

Old People's Stomach Bacteria Key to Longevity

Maybe when they die -- we die.
Ishmael

If ever there was proof Leonardo is a fiction, it is to be found in the sheer impossibility of any one man outpacing the zeitgeist.

Microbes maketh man
Ishmael

Here I am, a genius -- and the best I can do is leap about six months ahead of the zeitgeist.

A Messy, Exuberant Case Against Being Too Clean

Sucks.
Keimpe

In: Leeuwarden, Frisia

You'll probably hate this one as well....
Ishmael

Facinating quote from the piece...

... It's been proposed that the polio epidemics of the first half of the 1900s were caused by cities becoming too clean.
Ishmael

The evidence continues to mount.

'Psychopaths' Have an Impaired Sense of Smell, Study Suggests
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Jump to:  
Page 19 of 24

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in