MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Exodus (Philosophy)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Synod... Sinodun... Snowdon?
Pulp History

In: Wales

According to Zechariah Sitchin it comes from the God 'Sin' who once controlled the region...... apparently.

In: Toronto

Hatty wrote:
...it's all of a piece with the way Christianity incorporated holy sites and pre-existing practices.

As I keep suggesting...

Try stopping yourself from seeing Christianity as some sort of external religion that picked up pre-existing practices and, instead, recognize it as an evolution and internationalization of those pre-existing practices.

Christianity is hodge-podge paganism.
Ishmael

Chad wrote:

Is this Mt. Sinai? lol

...this is all getting dangerously close to that whole "Britain is Israel" thing ~ and my hazy suspicions of the Bible (and other works of ancient literature) having been written first in the UK.
Hatty
Site Admin

In: Berkshire

Ishmael wrote:
Christianity is hodge-podge paganism.

and Chad wrote:

The possibly non-existent Druids were driven out of Wales by the Romans according to Tacitus and onto the shores of Ireland whence spread the Celtic Christian movement, the weird one where you find clusters of hermit-like cells on the most inaccessible rocky islands. Not as precarious as you might think since they're still in situ.

Synod immediately makes one think of Whitby. There were other earlier 'synods 'which may have been christened as such by later writers. The abbess of Whitby, Hilda, did one of those Patrick things with snakes, threw them off the cliffs into the sea thus ridding Yorkshire of....paganism? the influence of Rome?
Ishmael

"Snowdun"

Is the English word "snow" a form of the word "Sino"?

Does "Sino" refer to the white tops of mountains?

Is China called "Sino" because of the snow-covered Hymalayas?
Chad

In: Ramsbottom

Must say... the 'Sino' bit got me wondering about a possible China connection.

Is china clay so called because its production leaves behind spoil heaps that look like snow covered mountains?

Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

China surely comes from Ch'in and china-clay surely comes from China (it was used to make porcelain after we nicked the formula) but I suppose it might just be a case of 'what goes round, comes round'.
Ishmael

Wireloop. This is a fantastic post.

I haven't been able to solve your riddle.

p.s. I hope to launch my Dungeons & Dragons book this month. It took longer to create than ever I anticipated. I'll send a copy to you shortly.
Ishmael

What happened to Wireloops' last post???
Ishmael

Chad wrote:
Must say... the 'Sino' bit got me wondering about a possible China connection. Is china clay so called because its production leaves behind spoil heaps that look like snow covered mountains?

Is there a connection with "Cinnamon"? This looks a lot like a snow-covered mountain.

Cinnamon originates in Sri Lanka (so they say). If the "r" is switched for an "n" then Sri = "Sni". Sinai?

This monestary site may be connected. Sri Lanka has mountains in the south but no volcanoes.
Wireloop

In: Detroit

Plato was a Jew.

Hebrew = Child of God, enslaved in Egypt.
Plato's Prisoner = Child of Good, imprisoned in body/cave.

Consider these verses.

Genesis 1:
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.......And God said, 'Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.' And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground 'land,' and the gathered waters he called 'seas.' And God saw that it was good. 11 Then God said, 'Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds'. And it was so....."

John 3:
" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not........Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' Nicodemus answered and said to Him, "How can these things be?" Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? "Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness."

"Exodus 2:
And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months. And when she could not longer hide him, she took for him an ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein; and she laid it in the flags by the river's brink. And his sister stood afar off, to wit what would be done to him. And the daughter of Pharaoh came down to wash herself at the river; and her maidens walked along by the river's side; and when she saw the ark among the flags, she sent her maid to fetch it. And when she had opened it, she saw the child: and, behold, the babe wept. And she had compassion on him, and said, This is one of the Hebrews' children.......And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh's daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses: and she said, Because I drew him out of the water."

Notice the 'born of water' motifs above.

Genesis 1 = Land 'born of water' onto earth.
John 3 = People 'born of water' into flesh.
Exodus 2 = Hebrew 'born of water' unto Pharaoh.

The ancients realized the immutable fact that each of us have been physically conceived into the water of the womb (amniotic fluid), and it is from this water we are 'delivered' (set free). This is what is meant by the phrase 'born of water'. In the womb we are 'imprisoned' and actually live and breathe water for 40 weeks. At birth the water breaks (is divided), we are delivered (freed) by the midwife, and we take our first breath of air (pneuma/spirit), 'born of spirit'. I propose that the pre-Socratic ancient philosophers used immutable physical birth (1-seed conceived imprisoned in water, 2-water breaks, 3-delivered into air) as a microcosm, or macrocosm, to tell the story of the immutable spiritual birth (1-soul incarnated into appetitive body, 2-psychophysiological crisis, 3-delivered into enlightenment) of the philosopher, the 'chosen of god'. And by the time of Plato this 'secret philosophy' formed into a systematic philosophy. This is why Plato's thought 'appears' to be formed in a vacuum. It was not. I also propose that it was inherited from the Jews (via the Ionian script), formalized for a couple hundred years in Anatolia and Greece, and then 'rediscovered' within Judaism (in the form of Christianity) by reforming Platonic Jews, with Jesus cast as the delivered deliverer, the interpreter of interpreters, the slain firstborn nature. The core stories of the Old Testament were revamped by these Platonic Jews (these delivered, interpreter of interpreters) to tell many of the events of Jesus found in the gospels, again, for those with 'eyes to see' the spiritual birthing experience. What comes around goes around. What is, Was.

Matthew 13:
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them

So, who was Moses?
Wireloop

In: Detroit

You see, in the Greek legends the Muses are the mediators of inspiration/knowledge/writing. For example Homer's Odyssey (another Exodus type story) opens with the invocation of the Muse. One of the earliest instances of its usage.

'Tell me, O muse, of that ingenious hero who travelled far and wide after he had sacked the famous town of Troy. Many cities did he visit, and many were the nations with whose manners and customs he was acquainted; moreover he suffered much by sea while trying to save his own life and bring his men safely home; but do what he might he could not save his men, for they perished through their own sheer folly in eating the cattle of the Sun-god Hyperion; so the god prevented them from ever reaching home.'

The letter 'sin/shin' in Phonecian and Paleo-Hebrew are the same and both look a bit like a W. In Greek this letter is rotated 90 degrees and is called 'sigma', being phonetically the same as sin/shin.

You probably know this already so I won't dwell on it, but why is this important?

You see the name 'Moses' in Hebrew is written Mem - Sin - He. Traditionally this can be pronounced either MooSHa, MooSa, MoeSa, MooSeh, MooSheh, MoeSHeh. The Septuagint (the Greek Old Testament ca 200 BC) spells Moses as Mouses (pronounced MooSes).

The transliterated Greek word for Muse in Homer is Mousa (pronounced MooSa). Muse = Moses.

So, beside the spelling and phonetics being the same, what else is in common between Muse and Moses?
They both are MEDIATORS of GOD 'inspired' Word.

Homer wrote in the 'Ionian script' which is said to be the most ancient and easternmost (Kadmos) of the Greek scripts.

The so called 'paleo-hebrew' and 'Phoenician' script are identical and it is said that the Phoenician prince Kadmos 'brought' the script to Greece. In fact I suspect that name Kadmos is from the Hebrew word qadam, which means both 'from the east' and 'ancient'. Get it? 'Kadmos' brought ancient writing/stories/thinking from the east (Phoenicia) to Greece. However by Plato's time it was formalized into a systematic philosophy and the stories are barely recognizable. The escape from Plato's Cave I propose IS the philosophical Exodus....retold. You can find more on this in my recent post on the Exodus in the philosophy section.

Going back to Homer for a bit. I propose that Homer's Odyssey is another philosophical Exodus.
1) Slave/Hostage = Odysseus 'soul'
2) Slavemaster = Odysseus' appetite / pride
3) Deliverance/Redemption = Odysseus' near death experience in Ocean. Death of self.
4) Renewal = Phoenicians take him home to slay the suitors and restore the Kingdom.

Anyway, I'm not sure if anybody ever made this correlation (probably not), but do you know what Homer means in Greek?

HOSTAGE!

And what is the philosophical ransom of a hostage?
Death of self. The firstborn nature.

Accordingly we all are 'Homers', and it is the Muse who inspires the writer (Homer) to effect change in the reader (Homer). In other words the story is meant to convict the reader that their status in life is one of a Hostage, imprisoned in a cave, enslaved in Egypt, lover of appetite....a prodigal son.
Britanicus

In: The West Country

The Fables of Moses.

Some time ago a very intensive search was done in Egypt to confirm the 4 centuries of occupation of millions of Jews within Egypt whom Moses stated made up between 40 and 50% of the total population.

Well blow me down, not a single inscription was found among the Pharaohs of that time sites or on any monuments, other races such as Nubians and the Hyksos were found in the Pharaoh's lists and tombs.

None of the thousands of mummies were of the Jewish race and no graves were found with Hebrew writing or any other sign of Jewishness.
In fact a complete blank of evidence and no evidence was found in the Sinai, the area of Moses's 40 year wandering in the desert with his tribe, not one burial place of a Jew found, no artifacts, no nothing.

By the way just in case some of you want to get on your high horses and rant and rave about the above I will put you out of your misery and tell you who did this long term search and financed it.

The body who financed this search had every reason to want to find some evidence as Moses and half their Holy Book, The Bible, depended on this being so. Yes it was the Vatican and the Roman Catholic Church.......and when this complete lack of evidence turned up they buried the report and did not go public with the results. The Pope who commissioned the search was Paul VI and Cardinal Luciani ( later Pope John Paul I, who lasted 33 days) was involved.

It is said that this is common knowledge among the high ranking religious Jews in Israel and elsewhere, and the standing joke is the gullibility of the Christians who believe anything and everything put in front of them for believing such fairy tales.
Boreades

In: finity and beyond

Re The Fables of Moses.
Could this be because the enslaved Jewish people were not treated as worthy of mention in the ruling class Egyptian records?
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  
Page 2 of 3

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in