MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The AEL Goes AudioVisual (Astrophysics)
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishmael

In: Toronto

Gyroscopes in space.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

In: London

Ever wondered why you always have to use 'precious' metals for things like electrolysis and car catalytic converters? Well, it's because Gaia can't afford to have these very basic processes of altering carbon dioxide, hydrogen, sunlight (and whatever, I don't know the chemistry) going on wholesale, but it does need them at the margins, so it makes sure that only relatively rare elements can do the job.

What is rare is not necessarily precious so all we have to do is to work out why certain rare(ish) elements are precious and we have the whole story. Kindly get to it.
Grant

Isn't it just the anthropic principle? If there were too many destabilising elements the world would be too random and intelligent life would not exist to see it.

To quote Wikipedia:

In astrophysics and cosmology, the anthropic principle is the philosophical argument that observations of the physical Universe must be compatible with the conscious life that observes it. Some proponents of the argument reason that it explains why the Universe has the age and the fundamental physical constants necessary to accommodate conscious life. As a result, they believe that the fact is unremarkable that the universe's fundamental constants happen to fall within the narrow range thought to allow life.

I really must send them some money next time they ask.
Grant

What is rare is not necessarily precious so all we have to do is to work out why certain rare(ish) elements are precious and we have the whole story. Kindly get to it.

Rare things which taste good or are pretty become precious because only rich people can own them.. That's true even if the rare thing is no better than a cheap alternative.

Notice how a Rolex is worse at keeping time than the cheapest quartz watch, and fried sardines taste much better than caviar.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

The evidence for SCUM keeps piling in

http://www.sciencealert.com/planet-nine-could-be-a-rogue-planet-that-got-captured-by-our-solar-system?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1
Ishmael

In: Toronto

I have SCUM scheduled for Book Three.
  • Book 1: The Weather Underground
  • Book 2: Hydromorphography (Split Level Ocean Theory)
  • Book 3: Archimedes Lever (includes SCUM)
  • Book 4: Echoes of the Ice Age
Each book builds from the one before it. But all depends on me finishing Book 1. I'm happy with it. I will say that much. But it is slow going.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

Planning is for planners.
Mick Harper
Site Admin

New from Amazon

Weird Astronomical Theories of the Solar System and Beyond
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Astronomical-Theories-System-Astronomers-Universe/dp/3319252933/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1544021869&sr=8-2&keywords=structure+of+the+solar+system

I wonder if I'm in it. We sold a copy yesterday so maybe I'm not considered weird any more. How many did you sell, Mister Isaac Newton?
Mick Harper
Site Admin

One of the chief bits of circumstantial evidence for SCUM is the distribution of rare heavy metals scattered through the earth's crust. Orthodoxy's explanation for the presence of gold et al deposits is that they are made in giant stars, then blown across the universe when the giant star goes supernova, ending up ... er ... scattered through the earth's crust. Even orthodoxy is getting restless at this, shall we say, back-of-an-envelope theory https://medium.com/the-cosmic-companion/making-all-the-gold-in-the-universe-6d166e0d149a
Mick Harper
Site Admin

SCUM is now available for the entire universe to watch for free. (The folk of Arcturus V were complaining about having to pay for the DVD.)

A New Model of the Solar System
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPWH9xh_Jy0
Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Jump to:  
Page 9 of 9

MemberlistThe Library Index  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in